FP – Crochet Market Bag

This recent market bag design by Linda Permann immediately went to the top of my project to-make list. It worked up quickly once I got the hang of the V-Stitch. Despite a huge array of colors, I couldn’t image a more perfect color than the apple green.

The only change I made to the pattern was to go around the inside of the handles with a single crochet border to give them more stability. I made it as a thank you gift for the talented designer who re-designed my blog! She really liked it!

The cooler weather has me thinking about winter projects like scarves, fingerless gloves and double chunky pillows and shawls. I’m searching for double chunky yarn, say a #12 weight so if you have any suggestions, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in crochet, finished projects. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to FP – Crochet Market Bag

1. Great work – and what a nice gift for someone as helpful as a good web designer!

2. That is an awesome gift! Love the color, too!

3. gail says:

I like it! I’m not quite at this skill level, yet.

4. Elizabeth says:

Great bag! And I’m liking the new site design. :) I have some yarn that I need to pick a special project for – maybe fallish in nature.

5. deborah says:

Great bag. I’m going to make one! Thanks so much for the pattern. Regarding a double chunky yarn, I used 2 strands of Paton’s Chunky Tweed to make a scarf. It came out fabulous. I love the feel of the super chunk!

• admin says:

That’s true, Deborah. I’ve been playing with double strands of Lion Brand Woolese Thick and Quick. And researching spinning wheels. Can you spell trouble?

6. Wow! Beautiful bag, and a gorgeous website!
    Glad I found you through the Serendipities Make Something Monday!

Best,
    Mary

7. Oops… I meant “sarahndipities!” :)

8. Susana says:

Hola. Una bolsa bonita y práctica para ir a comprar. Me gusta¡¡¡¡
    Un saludo.

9. Chris says:

Love the colour and the stitch has a lovely effect Marti. Love your new blog too.

10. MOnica says:

I don’t see the pattern anywhere. I must be missing something. Please help. I’d love to make this bag!